Viral Marketing – A Fresh Approach
Don’t wait another day to embrace this increasingly powerful approach to online marketing.
After reading this, I guarantee you will have picked up something new and interesting. An idea or a technique you’ll be eager to try out. So, from the start here is what OMG would recommend to get started in viral marketing.
- BRANDING! Open a company account on YouTube, Vimeo, and Daily Motion. Include your company logo and a brief bio of what your company do where possible. In this bio include SEO friendly keywords.
- AD SENSE! It’s good to be aware of ad sense in YouTube. For monetising your videos from the off you can incorporate this. However, your videos will have an advert plastered over them. Worth knowing about in case you wish to earn money from the video itself.
- BE REGULAR! With viral marketing as with social media keep a regular video posting schedule. Whether it’s fortnightly or monthly, keep streaming your content.
- Plan your video content in advance! You may want to talk through existing material, such as packages, or posts in the blog for example.
- OPTIMISE! On You Tube and Daily Motion you have the ability to write about the video during the upload process. Fill this out with keywords, links and a comprehensive summary of what the video is looking to achieve. This part of the marketing is crucial to adding SEO to your viral campaign and tying it neatly into your existing website with links back to it.
- SPECIALIST VIDEO SHARING! On Vimeo they advise you to sign up for PRO account to market your business on the growing video sharing community. Vimeo is quite a tight knit community at the moment and the Pro account costs $199 a yr. With this you get a lot of handy features including the SEO friendly URL’s to support your video and a customisable video page.
- BE SOCIAL! Don’t forget You Tube; Vimeo & Daily Motion are all social networks too. So reply to any comments you get on your videos as this will further encourage your marketing campaign.
- CROSS PROMOTE! Include links to your channels on your email signature, website and social networks for increased exposure.
- QUALITY CONTENT! Don’t forget the quality of your video content is just as if not more important than the marketing that surrounds it. Keep it fresh and fun. If you can add humour to your viral campaign even better!
- FREEBIES/ COMPETITIONS! Another powerful viral marketing technique besides video is competitions or freebies. We recommend you plan this carefully. Make sure you show your terms clearly and advertise on all your networks.
For a great example of the powerful viral marketing to showcase a product take a look here.
If you are new to viral marketing these tips will get your company out there on a popular platform with highly engaged traffic. With all elements of viral marketing, whether you use videos, competitions, or vouchers the key to success is originality and giving something back to your audience.