Social Media: Why It’s More Than Just a Bandwagon!
You’ve heard it over and over again but perhaps you’re not convinced. Twitter this, Facebook that put a video on You Tube! You might want to scream at the ‘it’ crowd that are now tweeting this and liking that but there is method to the social madness.
They are harnessing the huge potential from these online hang outs and with 800 million active users on Facebook and 140 million on Twitter, companies can no longer afford to ignore social media. The people are ready and waiting to be marketed to.
Question is how can you entice them to your website and get them interested in your product and services? Well there are a number of ways you do this, here are a few pointers:
- » Update regularly. Statuses and tweets are your link to the masses; make sure they see your message regularly.
- » Build a relationship with your potential customers by sharing information instead of selling on your social networks.
- » Interact with fans who interact with you.
- » Mix up your media for an interesting and engaging company profile for people to follow
- » Find influencers and communities around your brand or industry. Follow them and their followers and become involved in their communities
- » Use pictures and links back to specific webpages for provocative messages about your brand or products.
- » Pop your social media buttons on your signature, and printed materials.
- » Include a feature on your newsletters about a unique idea featured only in your social networks (Twitter competition, Facebook coupon, etc.).
- » Use popular social networking mentions such as #ff to promote others you like in return for a mention across their network.
- » Use http://timely.is for engaging with users at peak times.
- » Make a social media schedule and stick to it. Short & Sweet on a daily basis is best.
Those juicy tips should keep you busy for a while, and kick start your social media campaign. If you need any help with your social media marketing don’t be afraid to ask OMG for a helping hand.